Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sleeeep

Is all I can think of right now so I'll try and be short and sweet tonight. Today was very productive uni wise, I wish everyday were like that. I've almost finished doing some mass modelling of part of the valley to help show the context of the project in 3D as shown in the picture on the right >>>

Another subject I'm doing this semester is called design and research, and the topic I'm leaning towards at the moment is the importance of the aesthetics of a house to its occupants (no suprise there) but I found some very interesting articles today which helped me think more about the meaning of aesthetics to people. Once I've analysed it a little more I'll post some points.

This morning I woke up to find myself dressed in different clothes to what I'd gone to bed in last night, and have pretty much no idea how it happened. Has this happened to anyone else? I've never sleep walked in my life as far as I know until now!

P.S This is my favourite building of all time, in terms of exterior mind blowingness at least. There are of course a million other buildings I love too, but this will always be special. It's a shame more clients don't give their architects more freedom to experiment like this (clients with money that is). It is the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao by Frank Gehry.

No comments:

Post a Comment