Monday, March 8, 2010

The Journey Begins...

Following a request by my design tutor (and motivated by Julie & Julia which I'm half watching at work right now) I've decided to join the blogging world.
If you hadn't guessed by the title, I am studying architecture. I am fascinated by all things to do with architecture, floor plans, materials, construction. But primarily I am fascinated by the aesthetic nature of architecture and the arrangement of space. What are effective spaces? Do people appreciate the beauty or despise the ugliness of the built environment? As I think about it, I haven't really investigated this much yet for myself, so maybe this blog will help me explore these things more.
I'm also highly enthusiastic about digital architecture, probably because I've grown up with a background in computers, and though I wish I were great at it, I tend to avoid using a pencil. This semester my design course is focussed on digital design, so I'm really excited about this and looking forward to getting stuck into playing with computers!

Though the aim for this blog is primarily my experience of design, it will not be limited to this. I'll sometimes write about random interesting things I come across, or general experiences. I hope you enjoy it!

Tahnee

1 comment:

  1. Interesting read Tahnee. Will really look forward to reading more.... Loved Julie & Julia,gorgeous movie. I want to COOK... and maybe blog. Loved studying floristry and design in flower arranging. S.

    ReplyDelete